The European Association for Digital Humanities (EADH) will hold its inaugural annual conference, on the theme “Data in Digital Humanities” at the National University of Ireland, Galway from 7-9 December 2018.
I: GENERAL INFORMATION
The European Association for Digital Humanities (EADH) invites submission of proposals for its first annual conference relating to the general theme of “Data in Digital Humanities”.
Confirmed keynote speakers include Elisabeth Burr (University of Leipzig) and Vladimir A. Plungian (Russian Academy of Sciences). A roundtable session on the theme of data and digital humanities will be curated by Christof Schöch.
Possible paper and poster themes include, but are not limited to:
- Historical perspectives on data
- Relationships between information, archives, documents and data
- Data and metadata
- The myth of raw data
- Critical data and data critique
- Data: dystopian and utopian
- Data and creativity
- Data science in digital humanities pedagogy
II: TYPES OF PROPOSALS
Presentations may include the following types:
- Posters (abstract minimum 500 – maximum 750 words)
- Short papers (abstract minimum 750 – maximum 1000 words)
- Long papers (abstract minimum 1200 – maximum 1500 words)
- Multiple paper panels (500-word abstracts + 500-word overview)
- Pre-conference workshops and tutorials (proposal minimum 750 – maximum 1200 words)
The deadline for submitting poster, short paper, long paper, multiple-paper panel proposals and workshop proposals to the Programme Committee is 23:59 GMT on 18 June 2018. Presenters will be notified of acceptance by 22 August 2018.
More information: eadh2018.eadh.org